Monday, November 26, 2007

The Cool Kids/Young Ivy -- Dartmouth College -- 11/28

I'm from Atlanta, but I'm slowly but surely becoming a fan on the music from the Windy City.

I mean, sure I love Kanye...

and Common...

and Twista...

and Lupe...

Okay... I should have been converted much earlier, but I was just being stubborn and upset that a city could make music as well as Atlanta.

This entire lead up brings me to Chicago's latest phenomenon, The Cool Kids.

The Cool Kids (Mikey Rocks and Chuck Inglish) are a throwback to 1988 with their heavy bass, simplistic beats and their dopeman-styled clothes.

They were just named one of Rolling Stones' best new artists to watch.

They are great. And they're playing at my school on Wednesday w/ Young Ivy.

Here's one of their videos, "Black Mags"

Concert Review, Pictures, and a possible interviews on the site after the concert on Thursday



Young Ivy's MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/youngivy

The Cool Kids's MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/gocoolkids

No comments: