Saturday, August 11, 2007

50 Knows how to stay in the damn news

Now if I wasn’t trying to be an upstanding black man, I would call 50 Cent certain derogatory names including a female canine and female genitalia, because he always has to do something trick-made to keep his name in the news for his album to sell. On the first album, he beefed with Ja Rule for attention; on his second album, he beefed with Jadakiss and Fat Joe for attention; now on his third album, he’s incited a beef with Kanye West.


So far, Kanye is the only smart human being who refuses to play into his little ‘please look at me’ game. To keep eyes on him, 50 now goes so far to say that if Kanye outsells him after their Sept. 11 release date, then he will stop making solo records (PLEASE WIN KANYE!!!!). I will be ashamed if people buy into what 50 Cent is doing right now, because it is overly clear that he is trying to play ‘puppet master’ on his fans (meaning YOU stupid) in order for you to support his latest turd sandwich.


I’ll tell you one thing though, it seems like his own staff is trying to sabotage his moves, because his single “Follow My Lead” already leaked to the internet in song and video form waaaaay before he wanted to release it. Now he’s throwing bit… excuse me, female dog tantrums at his own staff because he’s realizing that the only good move he might have left just got ruined. Tisk tisk tisk, you’re right Curtis; nobody wants to see you win anymore, and that’s because you suck.


P.S., if you can drop anything somewhat resembling Guess Who’s Back then I will recant all of my statements and call you master, but I know you won’t and can’t, so I win…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to first note that I am a hip hop admirer, not a hip hop fan. Your criticism sounds like a personal problem; it wasn’t necessarily a fair assessment of skill. 50 cents, a rapper who I like, is simply planning out how he can make his record sale. In our capitalist society (which I also like), competition is everything. What is the harm in stirring up controversy or making idle threats to get an advantage?

We don’t lash out at Jay-Z for his publicity stunt with the Black Album. Jigga understood he would sell more records if he lied about his future activity in the rap game. So, is Jigga a tactful entrepreneur and 50 cents a washed up rapper that has lost his gangsta appeal because he saturates his songs with the same themes? NO. Jigga is a tactful entrepreneur and 50 cents is a washed up rapper that has lost his gangsta appeal because he saturates his songs with the same themes, plus a bad businessman. But you can’t fault him for trying.

If you look at 50’s hip hop resume, it’s difficult to name two artist who have had a bigger impact on game over the past six years. He has won numerous awards, sold millions of records, started his own clothing line, acted in horrible movies (which set black men back about 15 years), ended Ja Rule’s career, and I think he got stabbed – not sure on the last one. I’m sure he’s done a lot more but I’m too lazy to do all the research. Hopefully, within his rap tenure, he’s also done a couple of positive things as well.

But controversy is good. If he wants to engage in childish behavior to get his records to sell, let him be without your harsh remarks. Your criticism is trivial. I always support a man who tries to help himself. I guess this is a long-winded way of saying I support 50.