Thursday, August 2, 2007

I Hate NY

You know what bothers me more than the fact that Silkk The Shocker had a career? All these little carpetbaggers that claim that they are bringing the East Coast or New York back. It would be impossible for me to sit down and name how many scoundrel MC’s have ALL made that same stupid claim.


Look, it’s really simple. New York is losing because everybody is trying to be number one and fight amongst yourselves (too many beefs to name), you guys hate the South then turn around and make similar sounding songs with similar sounding beats (anything by Fat Joe in the last 2 years), and on top of that, there’s like A MILLION OF YOU. Not only are there a million of you, but you all rap about the same thing: my block is hard, I got madd crack money, madd guns, madd female dogs and gardening tools (I’ll let you think about that one), I’ll kill you, etc, etc, etc. First off, we don’t believe you, you need more people (including Jay-Z, according to Calvin “Klein” Bacote), and your songs don’t generate ANY interest.


Even though I don’t like all the music coming out of the South (but Andre 3 Stacks is still the man), at least they have their own identity. Right now, I’m ashamed to be from New York, because most of ya’ll are corny (that’s right, a Bronx dude is hating on his own city). Screw it, I’m moving to Atlanta


P.S. People, can we please stop saying “go in” or “getting it in”. For a culture that glorifies the use of terms like “no homo”, and being some of the biggest gay bashes next to reggae (peep this Game fiasco), those might be the most questionable phrases. No forget the might, those ARE the most questionable phrases; it can ALWAYS be taken out of context. Thank you, and good evening brethren. Chuuch…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm from NY too (and now live in DC). I thought it was more the south that fakes and NY that sets trends. NY will always be admired. Be lucky you get to say you're from the "Bronx". Any place you go to in the united states and mention the "Bronx", or "Brooklyn", or "NYC", people will immediately know what you're talking about.