Friday, March 16, 2007

F**k... excuse me, Buck The World

While bumpin' Young Buck's new album "Buck The World", I realized that everythin' that made me like his records in the first place are still there: the beats, the pretty good lyricism, and the "I don't give a f**k" attitude. Even though I like to think of myself as a self-respecting and uplifting black man, but the hood part of me is still entertain by overly reckless behavior. But while listenin' to the album with the gangsta screw face I realized that with the current decline in sales coupled with the fact that there is a backlash against G-Unit, Young Buck probably won't reach platinum again, even though he is probably the most deservin' out of that wack ass crew called G-Unit (I mean let's be honest, outside of 50, their music is real smediocre).

On top of the new album, I was watchin' a trailer for Buck's reality show that is about to come out on MTV (Reality Show clip), and he was talkin' about how he wants to make a difference in the lives of the youth from around his way. While plenty of ppl say that, watchin' him cry when he saw the son of one of his homies that got killed, made me actually believe that he is a stand up dude, no 'mo. That's actually good to see nowadays since u got so many fake thugs who wanna act like they'll clap women and children and throw them off the roof of a building after kickin' them in the head (sorry for the exaggeration).

With all that bein' said, the moral of the story is, go buy Buck's album on March 20th, it's actually good, and he is about somethin'.

No comments: