Saturday, March 3, 2007

This Is Why He's Not... Hot

The year 2007 has it's first new star. Will we look back in 10 years and say "hey, 2007 was the year of MIMS"? I surely hope not. Washington Heights' proudest son since J.R. Writer, MIMS (Music Is My Savior) has the number one single in America, "This Is Why I'm Hot."

Now, I don't want to sound anti-New York, or anti-bad music, but this is a very bad song. It's one of this slowest, boringest (not a word) rap songs that I can think of, and I'm just stunned at it's popularity.

Let's just look at one lyric:
"I'm hot cause I'm fly. You ain't cause you not." Moving on...

I mean, the first verse is sort of cool when they incorporate the "Shook Ones", "Jesus Walks", and Casio Keyboard version of "Nothing But a G Thang" beats, but it's still not that great.

MIMS sums up how I feel about his song with one of his own lines:

"This is why i'm hot
I don't got to rap.
I can sell a mil'
Saying nothing on the track."

True story MIMS.... True Story.

No comments: