Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mexico, Music and Migraines

After spending a week in Mexico I have never been more appreciative to be from the US. Not because of the obvious reasons like: laws, decent service, somewhat clean smelling air and people not calling me a “pussy” because I don’t want to buy weed or prostitutes from them... no, its because I am not forced to listen to techno and house music all day long. That’s right, in Mexico there is apparently no inappropriate time for house music. After a solid 72 hours of house music I felt like I was losing my mind…and probably was. Its one thing to play techno in a club, and though I don’t really like it…I can accept it as a given. But at 12:30 in the afternoon while trying to relax by the pool with a Corona and attempting to regain myself for the night to come is it really necessary to blare the Techno Remix to “Sweet Caroline” or a Mexico favorite “Dance with the Devil”…

Two simple questions arose while by the pool…where was Bob Marley when I needed him the most? and when did Mexico decide to boycott decent music?

Now back in the US, I am able to reflect on my vacation and really appreciate everything I enjoy about the US culture and all the music we create and enjoy. When I got back to the states I felt like Kevin Costner in Robin Hood when he got back home, kneeled on the beach and made out with the sand. When I go to a club now and hear hip-hop and music that humans can dance to a sigh of relief comes over my body.

“I can give you Sex…I can give you Drugs…And I can give you House… House, House, House.”
-The Devil



If you were in Acapulco this past week you know exactly what I am talking about…and if you weren’t, don’t worry about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why the hell would u go to acapulco if its all about party, u dont wanna party 24/7 go to USA, seriously. maybe you should stop drinking corona its mexican, it could give you a migraine.lol