Monday, February 19, 2007

Class of 3000

Andre 3000, along with Tommy Lynch (creator of several kids shows), has created the show “Class of 3000.” You may or may not have seen or heard of the show, but by no means is this NEW news… the show came out in Nov 2006, and has already aired 10 episodes. However, it has just recently gotten my acute attention… and might deserve yours as well.

The show (for those of you who have not seen it) is about a music superstar “sunny” (closely resembling and played by andre 3000) who didn’t like the Hollywood attention and retired from the music industry to his home town, “A-town,” only to become a music teacher at a very diverse gifted arts school… sound like anyone you know?

The show is probably targeted towards a younger demographic, and every show has a lesson occasionally addressing issues like race, tolerance and understanding. The deliberately psychedelic show, not really targeting adults, shows why Andre 3000 is so much more then an MC. He is a poet, writer, student, musician, fashion icon, painter, vegan, atlien, I believe he is composing a symphony, and now recently added co-creator of a cartoon to his resume. (A few years of culinary school and he will have quite literally “done it all”)

Though the show would probably be more entertaining after a handful of mushrooms, it is still enjoyable for no other reason then the shows funkadelic soundtrack. Every show has a music video segment where all hell breaks loose and andre 3000 displays why he is possibly the most experimental musician on this funky planet. So sit back (possibly with a J), watch and listen to Andre 3000’s cartoon creation.

I believe there are two more episodes this season, and if you get a chance check them out stay for the music… Andre 3000 is truly doing some amazing things, and though he started out in hip-hop as a rapper, he has transcended the genre to simply become an icon and an artist. I anticipate everything he does and hope he continues to innovate and beat his own path.

Class of 3000: Cartoon Network, Friday 8:00 eastern
... or have fun making your own song at the Class of 3000 Website I know I did.
(sorry if it sounds like I am Andre’s PR agent… but he is my mother fucker)

3 comments:

ash money fiscal said...

ahah.. just made a sick beat on that game. fun shit.

mr.buttercups said...

I know right, but I am sure my shit was much better. I tried to save it, thinking it would become an MP3, but i dont think anything happened.

Django Flores said...

I don't know too much about this show since I never seen it, but I do that this show used to air on Cartoon Network as a short-lived cartoon. It was sad to see it get cancelled after 1 season in 2007 because what I heard was that it had greats story and animation and it wasn't as bad as Squirrel Boy, another 2006 CN original that didn't do too well in ratings and viewer reception. That's one of the two problems that I have been noticing from Cartoon Network. There are some great cartoons on the channel that don't get too much attention from the viewers and become overshadowed from other series that take up most of the scheduling throughout the day. That's another thing that I want to mention is that shows like Teen Titans Go! and The Amazing World of Gumball take up most of the scheduling throughout the week and they don't give enough time for CN to re-air the older series like this show and the ones that were previously aired on the Cartoon Cartoons Fridays block before the channel's 2004 rebrand. Viewers won't be able to see them on Boomerang as well since that channel has a scheduling problem too. I even mentioned this on my "Let's Make TV Fun Again" blog on my website, funfunfuntv.blogspot.com, where you could also read other blogs that I've posted since May 2019 that talks about other tv channels such as Disney Junior, Disney XD, and TV Land. If you happen to find it very interesting, you can also share it with your friends and people you know that might be interested to learn about CN's problem. I just thought this could be one way that I could attract more attention to my blog so that I could receive a better fanbase and other people would understand the issues that cable TV has been dealing with since the early 2010's.