Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ludacris thanks Bill O'Reilly and Oprah

Ludacris won the 2007 grammy for best rap album… though I enjoyed Release Therapy, I do not think that it should have even been nominated for best rap album, but that’s another story… what I want to talk about is how Ludacris thanked Bill O’Reilly and Oprah, and why.

Ludacris apparently thanked Oprah because the show he was on for “crash,” was edited. And also she supposedly doesn’t like rap/ hip-hop music... here is the problem, if anyone has beef with Oprah, they got beef with me… I don’t know anything about the show that was edited, but I am sure she has people to do edit the show for her (because she is too busy giving money away and saving peoples lives) and doubt she purposely edited something special out of the show to insult someone…. And does Oprah (or anyone else) have to like rap music, NO. No one “has” to like any kind of music. I don’t like country music and I doubt you could convince me why I should. You generally like the music you grew up listening to, and I doubt Oprah grew up listening to hip-hop. I actually know she didn't, cause rap wasn't really even around then.

Then you have Bill (the cocksman) O’Reilly. You will have to search long and hard to find someone who likes Bill less then myself, but to feed my anger for him and out of shook and disgust I occasionally watch his show. It is no secret that Bill doesn't like rap music, and has on more then one occation personally called out a several rappers, including ludacris. Last night he addressed Ludacris’s acceptance speech and rap music, specifically the profanity in rap music. Listening to Mr. Bill actually speak about hip-hop music made me realize one important thing.... He has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. Bill is so detached from reality and youth culture that he honestly and simply doesn’t understand what he is talking about. He brought two other people on the show, with a similar lack of knowledge, to agree with him and further justify his opinions.

It got me thinking, Bill isn’t special. Bill represents thousands of older men and women in the US that want an easy answer for all problems, and blame Rap and Hip-Hop music for the problems surrounding the youth culture. However, the problem is with Fox, and Rupert Murdoch, because they gave him a show and soap box to rant and rave from. At home Bill can be as stupid and harmless as possible, but on TV he is dangerous.

2 comments:

The OCC said...

ROUST!

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this article and also the rest of the website
is also very good.

My site: acoustic guitar chord