Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dr. Dre In Rehab

...Or at least Dre needs to be in rehab, 'cause it seems like he been smokin' so much that he forgot that in order to "Detox" you must first STOP SMOKIN'. I say this because this fool Dre musta forgot that he said he was puttin' out an album in the first place. We first heard of "Detox" back in 2000 right after he dropped "2001". Now to put this into perspective for you, in the year 2000, I was like a sophomore in high school. I'm about graduate from college this comin' May, that's MAADDDDDD long. Now I'm a music groupie, so anytime I heard any news about the production on "Detox" or the guests that were supposed to be featured on the album, I got ill excited. But around 2002, I stopped givin' a f**k 'cause I don't care who you are, you ain't that special to have ppl waitin' around 4 a damn album 4 damn near a decade.

I got to thinkin' about this subject again because of Bishop Lamont's MySpace page. Bishop is a new Cali artist on Aftermath (a futile attempt to replace The Game), and he has a YouTube video with Dr. Dre sayin' that "Detox" is comin' out in September of '07. I started gettin' pissed again, because half of me wants to get excited and the other half of me is like "F you Dr. Dre". The material he has been puttin; out recently all sound the same, which makes me question if he still got it anyway, so to wait all dem years and then put out a wack album, he would completely tarnish his legacy, and GOOD 4 him.

Call me a hater if you want, but part of me wants his music to suck just so he knows he can't have loyal fans waitin' that damn long 4 an album...

Who am I kiddin', I hope that shit is bangin'...

2 comments:

ash money fiscal said...

Shit always seems to get pushed back, especially with Dre. I think he's just such a perfectionist - every little detail has to be perfect, but if drops an album type 2001, which I expect because he's yet to disappoint, it'll be well worth the wait. Be patient and enjoy what's out there now and you'll be handsomely rewarded.

Anonymous said...

there will be no handsome reward 4 this princess bride...