Friday, February 16, 2007

You Wonder Why They Mad

To tell you the truth, in the beginning, every time I heard an artist on Def Jam complainin' because they don't like havin' Jay-Z as a president, I wanted to tell them to quit their bitchin'. But then I got to thinkin' about it. For every LL Cool J and Method Man who refuse to except fault for the fact that their shit is garbage now and blame it on Jigga, there are ppl like Redman and Joe Budden who are trapped in label limbo, and will probably NEVER get an album out on that label again. I mean damn Redman ain't had an album out since 2001!!!!! That's six years dawg!!! How you got somebody like Redman waitin' six years to drop an album, and I doubt it's 'cause he ain't got no material, these bastards at Def Jam ain't puttin' it out.

Then you got Joe Budden. Now before I start, I guess I should say that I have a strong Joe Budden bias 'cause he is nicer than whoever you think is nice: his mixtape Mood Muzik 2 is better than whatever wack ass album you were playing the last 3 years. But anyway, I agree that his first album wasn't all that (he could have done much better), but damn does that mean he gotta wait 4 yrs just to get another shot. Ghostface got 2 albums out in '06, and my dude can't get ONE!!!

The icin' on the cake came when findin' out that Jigga spent $15 mil on his marketing campaign while Young Jeezy and Nas each got $5. All that money and Akon has sold more records than Jigga. Jay, you should be ashamed of urself...

No comments: