Monday, April 23, 2007

The Game: Live

So there were several performances on USC's campus yesterday worth checking out. However, partly because I am lazy, I was only able to see one and a half. The one and a half being half of Ghostface Killah and The Game. The Game just so happens to be the most confusing name in hip-hop. I noticed this while throughout the day I asked several people when "The Game" was on, they replied "What Game." To which I would reply "No. No. The Game." And like a script they would then preceded to incur to which "Game" I was referring to. A very confusing conversation that happened multiple times.

Anyway, I will not say to much about Ghostface because I was watching the performance from 12 floors up and was more engulfed with the view then the show itself. But I was damn near on the stage for The Game, and I rather enjoyed the performance. However, hip-hop is interesting live show because the rapper isn't really doing much besides standing there. But non the less the man had stage presence, and despite forgetting some of his lines and almost falling off the stage once. He keep the crowd involved, played all his hits and was pretty funny on occasion. Oh yeah, did I mention Snoop and Xzbit came out for the last song. That was not only extremely unexpected, but very much enjoyed. Some people I know, who will remain nameless, foolishly left the show before this most grand finally and they will be ridiculed for many years to come. Basically to summarize this rant, I'll say well done to USC. Either you put on a good concert this year, or I was just drunk enough to enjoy it. Probably both. (this picture is just funny)

3 comments:

ash money fiscal said...

The only people I would ridicule for years to come are the ones who came after Zion I finished. Between them, Pep Love (of Heiro), and the beginning of Ghostface, I had me a pleasant show.

As for that other G-Unit-hatin, teardrop-coverin lyrical donkey, I'll side with Nate Dogg - "I'm so tight that I can wait for the game."

Honestly, Mike, I'm disappointed you neglected a couple of legends (Pep Love and Ghostface) for that guy.

mr.buttercups said...

no its true, i feel stupid but like i said I was mad lazy. Inertia is a bia

Wordsworth the IV said...

concert sounded tight, and that pic is fairly amusing