Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Apologies To Ya'll

I apologize to ya'll out there 'cause I've been ill absentee recently on the blogging, and the truth of the matter is, it's 'cause I haven't been inspired to right about anything. If it was up to me, I would just make comments about all the new/old music that I'm bumpin', but instead the only thing goin' on in mainstream rap music right now is crap like 50 Cent changin' his album name to Curtis and Cam'ron changin' his album name to Courtesy Curtis. By the way, for lack of better phrasin', that's the dumbest shit I've ever seen or heard in my life, but I digress.

Instead of hearin' about the integrity, or lack thereof in the music nowadays, instead I have to sit back at watch stations like CNN and Fox News blame Hip-Hop for recent tragedies as the VA Tech shooting and the ignorant ramblings of "I'm so old lookin' I could die any minute now" Don Imus. I can't believe I sat back and watched CNN try to inform its viewers that since Hip Hop glorifies violence so much that it could have had an influence on the 30 something ppl that unfortunately lost their lives on what could have been the second most tragic day I can really remember since 9/11.

While they have ABSOLUTELY no point about the connection of Hip Hop and VA, I felt bad when I thought that they could have a point about Hip Hop's connection to Don Imus. If we didn't call our own women hoes so much, would he have found it alright to say that on his radio show? Just somethin' to think about...

1 comment:

ash money fiscal said...

Yeah I love when conservative America uses hip-hop as a scapegoat for all of society's problems. I'm sure that Imus's comments had NOTHING to do with the 400 years of racial subjugation in this country, and of course pointing the finger at lack of gun control combined with bad parenting in the VA Tech situation is just out of the question. It was just hip-hop. God, I can't believe I actually listen to this devil's music...