Thursday, April 12, 2007

Weekly Hate Blog


After my hate blog written about Kanye West, many requested that I unleash my hateful wrath upon others no matter how deserving or undeserving they may be. Unfortunately this week I only became disgruntled by two things. The last issue is something I just find incredibly interesting.

Skate Boarders: I'm a big fan of Pharrell, I like Lupe Fiasco, but the next time I see some kid "kick pushing" around campus, I'm gonna "kick push" his ass into a bus. I'm really only talking about one kid specifically, so the rest of you continue to kick push to your hearts delight. I have no qualms with most of you, there is just one kid who really annoys me. He rides his skateboard around everywhere and quite badly I might add. To make matters worse he is built more like a linebacker than a skateboarder. So his tight shirts turn into Tube Tops, and his tight jeans quickly become Capri Pants. This might seem extra hateful, but he almost hit me the other day when I was leaving class, so I have a personal vendetta against him and his skateboard. Granted I wasn't paying much attention to where I was going, and was prolly thinking about that last beer I had in the refrigerator. When I think about it, objectively speaking, I'm totally in the wrong...but I hate him nonetheless.

Purple City: Purple City single handedly managed to encompass all the negative stereotypes of rap in one song. "Knick Knack", takes a childs nursery rhyme and turns it into something much different. and I quote..."Knick Knack Paddy Wack, Give a dog a bone...Murda!", not only is this unnecessarily violent, it makes no F&*$ing sense! which is the part that pisses me off. How do you even sit down to write that, then after coming up with it decide it's a good idea, or for that matter possibly think that's a rational sequence of thought. Childhood memories - Nursery Rhymes - Topped off with a little a murder?...sounds like a classic to me! Of course Purple City is connected to Dipset, which explains the lack of forethought, creativity, and lyricism. Or as Jim Jones has called it "Lyricalism".

Charlie Brown: Yes that's right, and as for how it relates to Hip-Hop I'll get to that when I please. For those of you who know me, Charlie Brown cartoons are prolly the one thing I never grew out of. That round headed son of a bitch still cracks me up. The one question I always had though was where is Franklin? I know what you're thinking , who the hell is Franklin? you don't know Franklin because he was the only black kid of the peanuts gang and was rarely used in story lines. I often wondered where he was when Linus, Charlie Brown and Lucy were out flying kites, playing baseball, or going to school. Then a few weeks back I was watching an old charlie brown special from the 80's entitled "Flash Beagle" and got my answer. While other 7 year olds are in bed, Franklin is out at night break dancing in front of a club. So understandably only being 7, the next day he is too tired to go to school, fly kites, or play baseball the next day. I'm much older than 7 and find it hard to make my only Friday class after a Thursday night out. On top of all that there was another black kid, who I had never seen before makin a beat for Franklin by clapping. This by no means makes me hate Charlie Brown but I was kinda weirded out by it and didn't know what to think. Obviously the short film "Flash Beagle" was created during the height of break dancing, but damn.

1 comment:

black college girl said...

Oh my goodness, I love the weekly hater blog!