Saturday, May 19, 2007

To 'Be' the one to 'Find Forever'

Now with all the damn internet leaks goin' on these days, it's hard 2 get excited 4 an album because basically the whole damn album is out b4 u get a chance to get hyped 4 it. But, in one special case, all the internet leaks for Common's new album Finding Forever has made me that much more amped 2 hear the shit. Now, I've been a Common fan since day one, and I believe he's had one of the most consistent careers in hip-hop history, but I will also admit that there have been times in his career where I've thought Common was a complete pussy (and I say that in the nicest way possible).

For example, Electric Circus was the biggest piece of excrement I've had the displeasure of listenin' to, and some of his songs always make me feel like he's tryin' to hard to be some spiritual leader that's gonna stop all the dumb niggas in the world from bein' dumb niggas (these niggas r the reason and definition of y the word niggas is still bein' used... niggas). But with all that bein' said, when he wants to rhyme, he's nicer than everyone except Jigga, Nas, and... me (let the hate begin haha... i'm only jokin'... maybe), which is y when I heard all the new material, I was amped 2 hear the last 2 songs from the album that I haven't heard yet.

With all that bein' said, biznitches, enjoy all the new audio/video from the Chicagoan...

'Black Maybe' (Produced By Kanye West)
'Misunderstood' (Produced By Devo Springsteen)
'The Game' (Scratches By DJ Premier) (Produced By Kanye West)
'The People' (Feat. Dwele) (Produced By Kanye West)
'A Dream' (Feat. will.i.am) (Produced By will.i.am)
'Southside' (Feat. Kanye West) (Produced By Kanye West)

7 comments:

ash money fiscal said...

I'd probably put Electric Circus in my top 5 favorite albums of all time. It was the most experimental hip-hop album of the last decade, courtesy of ?uestlove production. I was outraged when Be came out and he had gone back to his old style, traditional beats and generic rhymes. Electric Circus was a cool, synthed out showcase of the many lyrical styles that Comm can bring.

mr.buttercups said...

wow, your the first person I have ever heard that liked Electric Circus. Experimental dosen't equal quality. Give a money a keyboard, thats experimental, and thats not good. Then again, you are Ash Money Fiscal, king of the lover of different shit.

mr.buttercups said...

p.s. I love questlove, but i think he missed on that one. tell me you can sit down and listen to EC and enjoy it...ill give you a dollar.

ash money fiscal said...

Missed? MISSED?!!? You're killin me, its like that Gatorade commercial that changes the footage of all the classic sports moments. Electric Circus showed that a mainstream artist can actually try new things. It's one of the more soulful hip-hop albums ever and has several classic songs ... Aquarius, Electric Wire Hustler Flower, The Hustle, I Am Music, New Age, Jimi Was a Rockstar ... I can't see how you could not call any of those songs at least good.

Maybe the top 5 is a stretch, especially since Resurrection was leap years doper... but top 15, top 20 easily. When Be came out, Common "dropped from the top spot to not mentioned at all."

I can listen to this album all day, and if u can pay me for that then maybe I should start getting paid for this damn gig.

mr.buttercups said...

I went to listen to the album and it turns out i don't have it... reason being. 1) I have every common album but that one, because I remember being very turned off the first time i heard it. 2) your bitch ass skipped town before the music swap

ash money fiscal said...

Stop whining, I'll be back soon enough dude.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or has Common just gotten way watered down and generic? I'm not gonna defend Electric Circus but I can't say I'm really hyped about this new album because Common's rapping on "Be" was so fucking bland. That, and no more Dilla beats. Com and Dilla were a nice match, and Dilla didn't insist on rapping on all the songs he produced (cough Kanye cough).

And WILL.I.AM?!?!?!?!? What do all these rappers see in him?