Sunday, May 6, 2007

Why Does Swizz Beatz Have A Career?!?!?!?!?

Can somebody explain to me why the hell Swizz Beatz has a career? Like seriously, am I the only person on the planet that realizes he's been makin' the same beat for a decade? How many more tambourines, whistles, handclaps, f***ing bells and casio horns can you put in a damn beat? I mean a lot of ppl make throwaway music, but when I heard that Swizz is responsible for about 92 million records sold, that made me realize that two different factions of ppl are idiots: the artists and the consumers. Wait, I guess I can't go too hard on the artists because they give the people what they want, so if they're askin' for this bullshit, then that's what they gonna get.

So with that bein' said, if you supported a Swizz Beatz produced track past 1998, you're a f***ing idiot. He has successfully G'd you by knowin' that he can give the same track he had for DMX in '99 to Cassidy and your dumb ass won't know there is no difference.

Mind you as I'm writin' this I'm listenin' 2 Beyonce's "Upgrade U". I guess I'm a f***ing idiot too...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Co-sign, man. I have been wondering the same thing for like ten years. The man obviously has no musical knowledge and no natural talent, and yet imagine how much he's pullin in per beat. For me the worst one yet is "get me bodied" by Beyoncé. Honestly all he did was loop some drums and then grunt over them. And that shit is a single now.

leo9jai said...

i feel the same way yo...we need to do something...

Anonymous said...

Yo Swizz beat is a part of a group of rappers that have always existed but are becoming more prevalent now. They are called jingle rappers. They don't make songs. They make jingles. They are all trying to be Jamie Foxx right now. Think about it. "This is why I'm hot, this is why I'm, this is why, this is why, this is why I'm hot! I'm hot cause I'm fly you ain't cause your not, this is why this is why I'm hot." Yea exactly. This is why Swizz beat still has a career. He makes real good jingles. That’s why he can be a rapper as well. The game right now is dominated by jingle rappers, we all know who they are. They are the MC's whose jingles get stuck in ya head when your trying to think about something important like what Halle Berry looks like Naked. If it can't be a tight ring tone then its probably not going to be a tight song is the trend now a days. Who cares if your album is whack, I don't want it anyways. I just want that crack jingle. So to all you whack MC's there is still hope. Just make a jingle. Your album won't sell but people will remember your song for about 6 weeks until the next hot jingle replaces you. As a DJ I have to play jingle rappers because they make the girls dance but as a person who appreciates music I'm take a break from the jingle game and listen to something else. Maybe some Frank Sinatra